My husband helped me with this title. People often tell me I'm transparent, and I would agree that I see value in being open and authentic in community. This blog is going to be a way for me to "be real" about who I am, good and bad, while I process my thoughts and share what I enjoy in life. I hope it will also be a record of my sanctification...me really "getting real," by growing more out of my flesh and towards resting in the Gospel, by His grace and the work of the Spirit.
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
An Attempt to Refocus
I'm gonna try to record daily (gonna go ahead and say that is probably not going to happen....) something about God's character that I am thankful for and/or in awe of. I am fighting for joy right now in the midst of hard, long days with little ones and being beat up by the evil one's lies. We'll see how it goes! I have found it nearly impossible right now to have a structured time of prayer and Bible reading. Instead of trying to try harder to make that happen, I am going to try to talk with Jesus in the moments of daily life more, and really try to refocus my thoughts on the character of God and all that I am in Christ. I need to practice receiving what is already mine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment